Stephanie Lee

February 24th, 2010

Project Ideas

Posted by emodjsteph in Uncategorized  Tagged

I’m not sure what exactly I would like to do for my project, but I know what my interests are, so hopefully if I throw enough ideas t the wall, something will stick.

I’ve always been extremely¬† interested in the gay community and I’ve done at least 3 or 4 major papers of mine in high school and college about homosexuality in some way or another. One that I can remember is a paper I’ve written about the the effects of homophobia on mens sense of masculinity. Maybe seeing what the stereotypes of gay men and women are would be interesting, like seeing if people think they can tell a person’s sexuality just by their picture.

I’m also very interested in the objectification of women in advertising and the idea that sex sells. Women are always being dehumanized or objectified at the sake of selling a product and this must have an effect on the way general public view women. Another thing similar to that I am interested in what qualifies as attractive for different race (facial features, body types).

I’d really like to do this project in a pair.

2 Responses to ' Project Ideas '

Subscribe to comments with RSS or TrackBack to ' Project Ideas '.

1.    mhaniff88 said,

on March 12th, 2010 at 6:23 pm

hey its mohamed, we talked on monday about your idea and had a lot of time to think about it. it would be fun and very intersting to do this idea, let me know if u want to get together after class on monday and talk about it my # is 347 866 7313, text or call me and we can talk about it some more.

2.    antonia said,

on March 15th, 2010 at 2:48 pm

I would go for the first idea! Sounds intriguing, and would be a great visual project, too.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

• Monthly

• Meta

• Subscribe to RSS feed
    • The latest comments to all posts in RSS
    • Subscribe to Atom feed
    • Powered by WordPress; state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform.
    • Firefox - Rediscover the web
  • Spam prevention powered by Akismet